Table of Contents
- Maps and Directions
- Business Office Resources
- Links to Related Northwestern Departments
- Links to Regional Partners and Affiliates
- Email Access Links
AddressDepartment of Earth and Planetary Sciences Technological Institute F374 2145 Sheridan Road Evanston, IL 60208
If you are interested in saving money and seeing the city, Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) buses and trains are a great option. Use the CTA Trip Planner Tools or download one of these Trip Planner Apps to find the best route to Northwestern from your hotel or from O'Hare Airport.
303 Taxi Service is a suburban taxi service that our department relies on regularly. If you are eligible for travel reimbursements from our department, please be sure to save your reciept!
If you choose to drive your own vehicle, please be aware of high travel times from 7:00-9:00am and at 4:00-6:00pm CST. Tune into local radio stations such as 720 WGN or 780 WBBM for traffic updates. We recommend using Google Maps for route planning.
Short-term parking is available on the streets to the west of Northwestern University. Use of NU Campus Parking lots is for invited guests only, and it requires a temporary parking pass. Please contact our business office for more information on parking passes. Note: if you are staying overnight at an area hotel, free parking may be available.
- iBuyNU: Northwestern's preferred vendor marketplace. Order from NU preferred vendors quickly and easily.
- NUPortal: The dashboard used to access various financial systems and applications.
- NUFinancials: Northwestern's main financial management system. Used for procurement, expenses, and payment.
- Finance Facilities and Research Administration: This site provides detailed information about financial systems, access, and training programs.
- GSTS: Graduate program planning and tracking tool for students and their committee members.
Employees of the university, i.e. anyone who is paid regularly by the university, are able to enter their own expense reports for reimbursement using the NUFinancials System. Please see the Business Office contacts above to get acquainted with the NUFinancials System and for further details on how to enter expense reports.
All receipts must be original and they must be itemized in order to be reimbursed. You should process your reimbursement within 30 days of travel, but definitely before 90 days have passed since your date of return. If you are missing proper receipts, processing a reimbursement more than 90 days from your last date of travel, or have any other policy exception, please fill out the appropriate form below explaining the reason why. Include this form in your expense report.
Travel and Entertainment Policies
- WCAS Quick Guide - Useful Excerpts from Travel and Entertainment Policies (PDF)
- Travel Policy (PDF) (Updated July 10 2015)
- Entertainment and Courtesy Guidelines (PDF)
- Chicago and Evanston NU Hotel Discounts
- Evanston NU Restaurant Fixed Price Menus
AGI (American Geological Institute)
AGU (American Geophysical Union)
CIW (Carnegie Institution of Washington)
GS (Geochemical Society)
GSA (Geological Society of America)
Goddard Space Flight Center
The InterRidge Home Page
IRIS (Incorporated Research Institutions For Seismology)
JPL (Jet Propulsion Laboratory)
Mineralogical Society of America
NSF (National Science Foundation)
NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration)
NCAR ( National Center for Atmospheric Research)
ODP (The Ocean Drilling Program)
UNAVCO (University NAVSTAR Consortium)